Standard Operating Procedure workflow Template
Go beyond basic SOP documentation. This interactive SOP document template also automates the workflows in the SOP for you. you can also use this template to start live workflows — actionable copies of the SOP where every step becomes an assigned task and work in process can be easily tracked through completion. Get started with this smart standard operating procedure workflow template.
Use this standard operating procedure workflow to document and automate your business processes.
Every business depends on the effectiveness of its people and processes. Research shows that people and businesses both need consistency to perform optimally. When an employee can’t rely on a consistent procedure for doing their work, productivity suffers. Without defined standard procedures, different people will execute work in different ways resulting in inconsistent results.
When to create a SOP workflow
All of your recurring process needs to be documented and shared as a standard operating procedure (SOP). SOPs define how your business functions and the best approaches to get things done. SOPs are ideal for both training and on-demand reference purposes. However, lengthy, text heavy SOP documents, may or may not be best for your needs. Today’s online SOPs materials can include forms, images, video and many other interactive elements which can make them more engaging. Lay out all the roles, conditions, and specific steps in the process. Guide your staff through what needs to get done regardless of complexity.
How a SOP workflow can help you train new employees
Training staff takes time and effort. An SOP enables your team members to learn proper procedures at their own pace. Spend less time monitoring and answering questions when the details of your procedures are documented. Add instructions, images, videos, and other materials to your SOP workflow, to accelerate learning and reduce the amount of tedious text in the document. Learn more about the best ways to create an SOP.
How to provide on-demand reference materials with an interactive SOP workflow
An interactive SOP can equip your employees to do a task right, no matter the job. Make it easy to access the right SOP workflow when they need it on their device of choice – mobile, tablet, laptop, computer.
How to get started with the standard operating procedure workflow template:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the standard operating procedure template. Tailor the outlined processto your needs. Add assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, and roles as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Often aspects of your operation involve a lot of complex details to be done properly. It’s critical that your employees have a reliable procedure to follow. Otherwise, details can be missed, producing inconsistent results. When you use an SOP workflow, you can rely on consistent outcomes from recurring tasks. Trackable checklists and tasks help your employees complete any job with clarity and ease.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
SOPs and automated workflows save managers, your teams, and the business time and resources while enabling you to run ultra-efficiently. Track and view progress on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
When there isn’t a standardized procedure, employees may miss, forget, or complete aspects of their work incorrectly. Such errors result in inconsistent quality, which can easily turn away valuable clients. Avoid the inconsistency with a dependable standard operating procedure workflow.
Use TeamworkIQ’s standard operating procedure workflow to consistently produce quality results.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best ways to form your standard operating procedure?
Here’s some of the best advice from business experts to get you started:
- Standard Operating Procedures Can Make You More Flexible – Harvard Business Review
- The ABC’s of Documenting Standard Operating Procedures — and Why Your Business Can’t Afford Not To – Entrepreneur
- I don’t have a SOP for that issue – Lexology
- Define Your Organization’s Habits to Work More Efficiently – Harvard Business Review Vector Art by Vecteezy!
More from TeamworkIQ
- Process Standardization: How To Streamline Business Operations and Boost ProfitsWhy do you need process standardization? Businesses who embrace repeatable, systematic processes tend to be more efficient, more scalable, and more profitable. Without efficient systems and well understood standard operating procedures, business teams are left to figure out how to get things done on their own. Accordingly teams must spend extra time figuring out how…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…