Standard Operating Procedure Process Template
Go beyond basic SOP documentation. This template instantly automates the workflows in the SOP for you. Add videos forms and more. you can also use this template to start live workflows — actionable copies of the SOP where every step becomes an assigned task and work in process can be easily tracked through completion. Get started with this smart standard operating procedure process template.
Use this standard operating procedure process to document and automate your business processes.
Every business depends on the effectiveness of its processes and its people. Research shows that both business and people need consistency to perform optimally. Employee productivity suffers when they can’t rely on a consistent procedure for their work. When you lack a standardized procedure, you can expect inconsistent results in work outcomes.
When to create a SOP process
All of your recurring process needs to be documented and shared as a standard operating procedure (SOP). SOPs define how your business functions and the best approaches to get things done. However, lengthy, text heavy SOP documents, may or may not be best for your needs. Today’s online SOPs materials can include forms, images, video and many other interactive elements which can make them more effective and engaging. Lay out all the roles, conditions, and specific steps in the process. No matter how complex the task, effectively guide your staff through the process. Create a reusable process that your team can easily follow.
How a SOP process can help you train new employees
Training staff takes time. An SOP lets a member of your team learn how you want work to be done at their own pace. You will spend less time monitoring and answering questions when the details of your procedures are documented. Add instructions, images, videos, and other materials to your SOP process, to accelerate learning and reduce the amount of tedious text in the document. Learn more about the best ways to create an SOP.
How to provide on-demand reference materials with an interactive SOP process
No matter the job, an interactive SOP can equip your employees to handle any task the right way. Enable them to access the right SOP process when they need it on their device of choice – mobile, tablet, laptop, computer. Use image and video content to provide easy-to-follow reference materials and guidance whenever they are needed.
How to get started with the standard operating procedure process template:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the standard operating procedure template. Tailor the outlined process. Add roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, and details to meet your needs. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Usually aspects of your operation involve a lot of intricate components to be done properly. It’s critical that your employees have a reliable procedure to follow. Otherwise, nuances can be missed, producing inconsistent results. When you use an SOP process, you can rely on consistent outcomes from recurring tasks. Trackable checklists and tasks help your team members complete any job with clarity and ease.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
SOPs and automated workflows save yourself, your teams, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to execute flawlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
When there isn’t a standardized procedure, employees may skip important aspects of their job. Such errors result in inconsistent quality, which can easily turn away valuable clients. Avoid the inconsistency with a dependable standard operating procedure process.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best ways to form your standard operating procedure?
Here’s some of the best advice from business thought leaders to get you started:
- Standard Operating Procedures Can Make You More Flexible – Harvard Business Review
- The ABC’s of Documenting Standard Operating Procedures — and Why Your Business Can’t Afford Not To – Entrepreneur
- I don’t have a SOP for that issue – Lexology
- Define Your Organization’s Habits to Work More Efficiently – Harvard Business Review Vector Art by Vecteezy!
More from TeamworkIQ
- Turn Email into Action: How to Assign Tasks Directly from EmailHow many times a week do you send an email asking people to get something done? Typing up tasks in an email message is quick and easy. However, keeping track of progress on those requests instantly becomes a chore. Here’s why and what to do about it… ——– Email was not built to handle tasks.…
- Quickly assign tasks and track them to completionQuick Add a Task TeamworkIQ is the easiest way to automate repeatable processes, workflows, and checklists. But sometimes you simply need to create, assign, and track one or more tasks. That’s why we have added Quick Add a Task to TeamworkIQ. Quickly create a new task for yourself or assign it to someone else. Here’s…
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…