Standard Operating Procedure Checklist Template
Go beyond basic SOP documentation. This interactive SOP document template also automates the workflows in the SOP for you. Add videos forms and more. you can also use this template to start live workflows — actionable copies of the SOP where each step turns into assigned tasks and work in process can be easily tracked through completion. Get started with this smart standard operating procedure checklist template.
Use this standard operating procedure checklist to document and automate your business processes.
Every business depends on the effectiveness of its processes and its people. Research shows that both business and people need consistency to perform at their best. When an employee can’t rely on a consistent procedure for doing their work, productivity suffers. Without defined standard procedures, you can expect inconsistent results in work outcomes.
When to create a SOP checklist
All of your recurring process needs to be documented and shared as a standard operating procedure (SOP). SOPs document the best approaches to handling business functions and solving problems. SOPs are ideal for both training and on-demand reference purposes. However, lengthy, text heavy SOP documents, may or may not be best for your needs. Today’s online SOPs materials can include forms, images, video and many other interactive elements which can make them more effective and engaging. SOPs from TeamworkIQ can also instantly automate with processes described within the SOP for you. Lay out all the roles, conditions, and specific steps in the process. Guide your staff through what needs to get done regardless of complexity.
How a SOP checklist can help you train new employees
Training staff takes effort and time. An SOP lets a member of your team learn how you want work to be done at their own pace. Spend less time monitoring and answering questions when the details of your procedures are documented. Add instructions, images, videos, and other materials to your SOP checklist, to accelerate learning and reduce the amount of tedious text in the document. Learn more about the best ways to create an SOP.
How to provide on-demand reference materials with an interactive SOP checklist
No matter the job, an interactive SOP can equip your employees to handle any task the right way. Enable them to access the right SOP checklist when they need it on their device of choice – mobile, tablet, laptop, computer.
How to get started with the standard operating procedure checklist template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Tailor the outlined process. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Often aspects of your operation involve a lot of intricate details to be done properly. It’s critical that your employees have a reliable procedure to follow. Otherwise, nuances can be missed, producing inconsistent results. When you use an SOP checklist, you can rely on consistent outcomes from recurring tasks. Trackable checklists and tasks help your employees complete any job with clarity and ease.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
SOPs and automated workflows save yourself, your employees, and the business time and resources while enabling you to run ultra-efficiently. Track and view progress on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
When there isn’t a standardized procedure, employees may miss, forget, or complete aspects of their work incorrectly. Such errors result in inconsistent quality, which can easily turn away valuable clients. Avoid the inconsistency with a dependable standard operating procedure checklist.
Use TeamworkIQ’s standard operating procedure checklist to consistently produce quality results.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best ways to form your standard operating procedure?
Here’s some of the best advice from business experts to get you started:
- Standard Operating Procedures Can Make You More Flexible – Harvard Business Review
- The ABC’s of Documenting Standard Operating Procedures — and Why Your Business Can’t Afford Not To – Entrepreneur
- I don’t have a SOP for that issue – Lexology
- Define Your Organization’s Habits to Work More Efficiently – Harvard Business Review Vector Art by Vecteezy!
More from TeamworkIQ
- Augmented Productivity: Work Smarter, Assisted by AI.Apps are getting smarter. Virtual assistants help us find information, schedule meetings, and suggest what sales leads are the best use of our time. These are examples of “Augmented Productivity” — how increasingly intelligent apps streamline and enhance our daily workflows to help us get more done, make better decisions and drive better outcomes Automated…
- 3 Steps to Unlock CollaborationAny business, large or small, requires collaboration. At its most fundamental level, collaboration occurs when team members are working together on a singular project that requires multiple people. The reason multiple parties are required is either to manage the sheer volume of the work, or to manage the parts of a project for which they…
- Steve Jobs’ “DRI”: How To Get Better Results EverydayOne thing that became very clear over the course of the Apple revolution from the late 1990s on upward was that the company had a very different culture than anywhere else, shaped and built around Steve Jobs’ personality and vision. One of the most powerful, yet simple tools Jobs used to create Apple’s culture of…