Standard Operating Procedure
Go beyond basic SOP documentation. This interactive SOP document template also automates the workflows in the SOP for you. Add videos forms and more. you can also use this template to start live workflows — actionable copies of the SOP where each step turns into assigned tasks and dashboards help you track the status of work in progress. Get started with this smart standard operating procedure template.
Use this standard operating procedure to document and automate your business processes.
Every business depends on the effectiveness of its people and processes. Research shows that people and businesses both need consistency to perform at their best. When an employee can’t rely on a consistent procedure for doing their work, productivity suffers. When you lack a standardized procedure, different people will execute work in different ways resulting in inconsistent results.
When to create a SOP
All of your recurring process needs to be documented and shared as a standard operating procedure (SOP). SOPs define how your business functions and the best approaches to get things done. SOPs are ideal for both training and on-demand reference purposes. However, lengthy, text heavy SOP documents, may or may not be best for your needs. Today’s online SOPs materials can include forms, images, video and many other interactive elements which can make them more engaging. SOPs from TeamworkIQ can also instantly automate with processes described within the SOP for you. Lay out all the specific steps, conditions, and roles involved. Guide your staff through what needs to get done regardless of complexity. Create a reusable process that your team can easily follow.
How a SOP can help you train new employees
Training staff takes effort and time. An SOP lets a member of your team learn how you want work to be done at their own pace. You will spend less time monitoring and answering questions when the details of your procedures are documented. Add instructions, images, videos, and other materials to your SOP , to accelerate your employees learning. Learn more about the best ways to create an SOP.
How to provide on-demand reference materials with an interactive SOP
No matter the job, an interactive SOP can equip your employees to handle any task the right way. Enable them to access the right SOP when they need it on their device of choice – mobile, tablet, laptop, computer.
How to get started with the standard operating procedure template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process to your needs. Add forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, and tasks as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Usually aspects of your operation require a great deal of complex details to be done properly. It’s critical that your employees have a reliable procedure to follow. Otherwise, nuances can be missed, producing inconsistent results. When you use an SOP , you can rely on consistent outcomes from recurring tasks. Trackable checklists and tasks help your team members complete any job with clarity and ease.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
SOPs and automated workflows save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to operate seamlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
When there isn’t a standardized procedure, employees may skip important aspects of their job. Such errors result in inconsistent quality, which can easily turn away important clients. Avoid the inconsistency with a dependable standard operating procedure .
Use TeamworkIQ’s standard operating procedure to consistently produce quality results.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best ways to form your standard operating procedure?
Here’s some of the best advice from management experts to get you started:
- Standard Operating Procedures Can Make You More Flexible – Harvard Business Review
- The ABC’s of Documenting Standard Operating Procedures — and Why Your Business Can’t Afford Not To – Entrepreneur
- I don’t have a SOP for that issue – Lexology
- Define Your Organization’s Habits to Work More Efficiently – Harvard Business Review Vector Art by Vecteezy!
More Templates for Training Materials
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- The Rise of the Smart AppPowered by advancements in artificial intelligence, the software and apps we use are rapidly improving the way we work. Here are several examples of how this software helps drive better business workflows and results with far less time and effort. ———- The software and apps we use are getting smarter everyday. Advancements in machine learning…
- Can Meetings Be Eliminated?How can you use smart apps to reduce the time people spend in meetings? What solutions are available to ensure that, if you minimize meetings, you don’t compromise on results? The Meet of the Matter Any meeting that won’t directly generate revenue or cost savings–either in the form of a key decision or a concrete…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…