Procedural Checklist process
Create organized, reliable, easy to follow procedures to consistently deliver high quality results. Use this procedural checklist process template to simplify, automate, and streamline your business operations.
Use a procedural checklist process to make routine tasks effective, organized, and consistent.
Procedural checklists present you with clear step-by-step instructions to accomplish a specific objective. Procedural checklists let you trust that each step is completed the right way in the right order. Doctors, engineers, pilots, and many other professions have been using procedural checklists for decades to make sure critical tasks get done right.
How to create the ultimate procedural checklist process
Research shows that implementing a checklist reduces costly errors, significantly increases the quality of work, and assures that important compliance steps are met. The checklist serves two purposes. It serves to document the process and to help track each step of the process. Therefore, when a task is complete, it can be checked off. There are numerous benefits to a procedural checklist process. Progress and next steps are clear. No tasks are missed or forgotten. Teams who use checklists are better able to focus and tend to get work done faster with higher quality outcomes.
An effective procedural checklist documents every detail. When creating your procedural checklists, make each step easy to follow. Use instructional text, images, video, forms, links, and other content to streamline the process. Make sure things get done right.
How to get started with the procedural checklist process template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Tailor the outlined processto your needs. Add timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, and relative due dates as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Often aspects of your operation require a lot of intricate details to be done properly. For your employees, it’s crucial to have a reliable procedure to follow. Otherwise, nuances can be missed, producing inconsistent results. When you use a procedural checklist process, recurring tasks produce consistent outcomes. Trackable checklists and tasks help your team members complete any job clearly and easily.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other software packages, apps, and online applications.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Automated workflows save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to execute flawlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
When there isn’t a consistent procedure, employees are likely to get lost during the process. Such errors result in drops in quality, which can easily turn away important clients. Avoid the inconsistency with a dependable procedural checklist process.
Use TeamworkIQ’s procedural checklist process to produce high-quality results with consistency.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
How do you create an effective procedural checklist?
Here’s some of the best advice from business thought leaders to get you started:
More from TeamworkIQ
- Attach Files to Workflow Processes and ChecklistsTeamworkIQ now makes it easier than ever to attach files to your workflow processes. Automate any workflow where files need to move through a process with one or more people. For example: Attach documents for review and approval workflows. Take and upload photos for inspection and maintenance processes from your phone. Share artwork, Photoshop, Illustrator,…
- How Best to Manage Work with Your Business PartnersWorking with external businesses such as your vendors, contractors, and suppliers can be a challenge. Disparate corporate cultures, incentives, goals and priorities can be a problem when your team relies upon the employees of a partner company in their processes or projects. Differences in expectations, review and approval processes, documentation, and scheduling can cause friction…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…