How-to Guide process
Use this interactive how-to guide process template to create step-by-step training materials with checklists, images and training videos. Following training, reuse the checklists again and again to track and manage your teams’ workflow, or provide on-demand how-to reference material when needed.
Use an interactive how-to guide process to create the ultimate training and reference materials.
Research shows that effective training is vital for employee competency and productivity. Training often applies to the routine activities for which an employee will be responsible. However, on occasion, employees need to perform activities for which they have not received formal training yet. In both cases a self-paced, interactive how-to guide provides a valuable reference that helps them learn and complete new processes and procedures quickly.
A how-to guide process simplifies complex procedures into simple, easy to follow checklists. Self-paced, interactive content equips your team members with the skills to complete any task. Without a self-service how-to reference staff may make mistakes or forget an important step altogether. Get things done the right way through a comprehensive how-to guide process template.
Deliver an effective, engaging experience with Video, Checklists, and Quizzes
Whatever the subject, an interactive how-to guide is the best way to make training materials clear, efficient, and effective. Avoid overly wordy or complex training materials. They eat up time and overwhelm your employees. Videos are extremely effective for training. They make training clear by demonstrating and discussing what needs to get done. Video can deliver instructions and details more efficiently than text. Producing a professional quality video is not required in most cases. Have a co-worker record video with a mobile phone as you demonstrate how things need to get done.Show the tools, techniques and methods in action. Link to or embed references such as manuals, documents, or websites for further elaboration. Use the how-to guide process template to make any task easily doable for your team.
How to get started with this how-to guide process template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined processto your needs. Add timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, and relative due dates to meet your needs. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
It’s critical that your employees understand how-to properly handle any new work. Usually learning how-to complete a new task requires a lot of time, resources, and energy. When nuances are overlooked bigger problems are bound to arise. By implementing a how-to guide process, every step is properly documented, explained, and tracked as needed. Trackable checklists and tasks help your team members move through the training process clearly and easily.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Replicable guides and automated workflows both save managers, your employees, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to operate seamlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Without a thorough guide, team members are bound to skip important aspects of their job. These errors will drastically increase the chance that you lose a valuable client. Avoid these risks with a how-to guide process you can rely on.
Use TeamworkIQ’s how-to guide process to make the process effective and simple.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
How can you best make a how-to guide?
Here’s some of the best advice from business experts to get you started:
More from TeamworkIQ
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…
- The Rise of the Smart AppPowered by advancements in artificial intelligence, the software and apps we use are rapidly improving the way we work. Here are several examples of how this software helps drive better business workflows and results with far less time and effort. ———- The software and apps we use are getting smarter everyday. Advancements in machine learning…
- Protect Against “Micro Procrastination”Everyone is feeling busy, but the important things are not getting done. Why? More of your team’s workday is being eaten up by distractions than ever before. We look at the major causes and ask: Can the right software protect your team against “micro procrastination”? ———- Busyness and Distraction According to many experts, two major…