How-to Guide checklist
Put this how-to guide checklist template to work to create simple and effective training materials and tutorials. Following training, reuse the checklists to track and manage your teams’ workflow, or provide on-demand how-to reference material when needed.
Use an interactive how-to guide checklist to create the ultimate training and on-demand reference materials.
Research shows that effective training is vital for employee competency and productivity. Training often applies to the routine activities for which an employee will be responsible. However, from time to time, employees may need to perform activities they haven’t been trained to do. In both cases a self-paced, interactive how-to guide provides a useful reference that enables them to learn and perform new processes and procedures quickly.
A how-to guide checklist simplifies multi-step procedures into simple, easy to follow checklists. Self-paced, interactive content equips your team members with the skills to complete any task. Without a self-service how-to reference staff may make mistakes or forget an important step altogether. Get things done right through a comprehensive how-to guide checklist template.
Deliver an effective, engaging experience with Video, Checklists, and Quizzes
For any subject matter, an interactive how-to guide is the best way to make training materials effective, efficient, and clear. Avoid overly wordy or complex training materials. They eat up time and overwhelm your employees. Today’s workers are accustomed to learning skills via YouTube videos. Videos are extremely effective for training. They make training clear by offering a visual representation of task that may be hard to put into words. Video can deliver instructions and details more efficiently than text. Show the tools, techniques and methods in action. Link to or embed references such as websites, manuals, or other documentation for further elaboration. Use the how-to guide checklist template to make any task easy.
How to get started with this how-to guide checklist template:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the how-to guide template. Tailor the outlined process. Add tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, and timelines as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
It’s critical that your employees understand how-to properly handle any new work. Normally learning how-to complete a new task demands a lot of energy, time, and resources. When specifics are ignored bigger problems are bound to arise. By implementing a how-to guide checklist, every step is properly documented, explained, and tracked as needed. Trackable checklists and tasks help your team members move through the training process with clarity and ease.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Replicable guides and automated workflows both save yourself, teams, and the business time and resources while enabling you to operate seamlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Without a thorough guide, team members are bound to miss, forget, or complete aspects of their work incorrectly. These errors will drastically increase the chance that you lose a valuable client. Avoid these risks with a how-to guide checklist you can rely on.
Use TeamworkIQ’s how-to guide checklist to make the process effective and simple.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
How can you best make a how-to guide?
Here’s some of the best advice from business experts to get you started:
More from TeamworkIQ
- The Practicalities of ProductivityRichard Whittall’s article on the practicalities and impracticalities of email usage makes an interesting observation: “People don’t love digital technology because it makes them more productive, they love it because it makes them feel like they’re more productive.” In essence, the feeling that your productivity is high because you are so busy is probably an…
- Signal to Noise: Efficient Email ManagementDo you ever have one of those lightbulb moments after someone says something just the right way and you get a whole new perspective on something? That happened at TeamworkIQ HQ while catching up on Bloomberg’s Game Plan podcast-show hybrid. An episode called Learning to Love (or at Least Live With) Email featuring the Duke University…
- How Best to Manage Work with Your Business PartnersWorking with external businesses such as your vendors, contractors, and suppliers can be a challenge. Disparate corporate cultures, incentives, goals and priorities can be a problem when your team relies upon the employees of a partner company in their processes or projects. Differences in expectations, review and approval processes, documentation, and scheduling can cause friction…