Use this interactive how-to guide template to create step-by-step training materials with checklists, images and training videos. Following training, reuse the checklists to track and manage your teams’ workflow, or provide on-demand how-to reference material when needed to any device.
Use an interactive how-to guide to create the ultimate training and reference materials.
Research shows that effective training is critical for employee productivity and competency. Often, training focuses on the routine activities an employee is responsible for. However, from time to time, employees need to perform activities they haven’t been trained to do. In both cases a step-by-step how-to guide provides a valuable reference that helps them learn and complete new processes and procedures quickly.
A how-to guide simplifies complex procedures into easy to follow checklists. Self-paced, interactive content equips your team members with the skills to complete any task. Get things done the right way through a comprehensive how-to guide template.
Deliver an effective, engaging experience with Video, Checklists, and Quizzes
For any subject matter, an interactive how-to guide is the best way to make training materials effective, efficient, and clear. Don’t overwhelm your employees with overly complex training materials. Videos are extremely effective for training. They make training clear by demonstrating and discussing what needs to get done. Video can deliver instructions and details more efficiently than text. Producing a professional quality video is not required in most cases. Have a co-worker record video with a mobile phone as you demonstrate how things need to get done.Show the tools, techniques and methods in action. Link to or embed references such as websites, manuals, or other documentation for further elaboration. Use the how-to guide template to make any task easy.
How to get started with this how-to guide template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process. Add assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, and roles as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
It’s critical that your employees understand how-to properly handle any new work. Typically learning how-to complete a new task demands a lot of energy, time, and resources. When nuances are ignored bigger problems are bound to arise. By implementing a how-to guide , every step is properly documented, explained, and tracked as needed. Trackable checklists and tasks help your employees move through the training process clearly and easily.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Replicable guides and automated workflows both save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to execute flawlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Without a thorough guide, team members are bound to fail to get work done correctly. These errors will drastically increase the chance that you lose a important customer. Avoid these risks with a how-to guide you can rely on.
Use TeamworkIQ’s how-to guide to make the process simple and effective.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
How can you best make a how-to guide?
Here’s some of the best advice from business thought leaders to get you started:
More from TeamworkIQ
- The Weakening Productivity Rate (and how Technology Can Reduce It)Productivity output is at its lowest point in thirty years. What are the causes of this decline? Can smart technology provide a solution to this weakening productivity rate? ———- Why the Decline? The US Government’s official labor productivity measure for 2011-2015 shows that the average American worker’s work output has dropped to the lowest it…
- Keeping Remote Workers Productive in Real-TimeWhen it comes to managing a remote team, without transparency and clear accountability, productivity falls sharply. New real-time apps and software tools for teams can help. We are in a day and age where it’s possible to work with team members, contractors and vendors regardless of where they are in the world. Our own highly…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…