Use this interactive how-to guide template to create step-by-step training materials with checklists, images and training videos. Following training, reuse the checklists to track and manage your teams’ workflow, or provide on-demand how-to reference material when needed to any device.
Use an interactive how-to guide to create the ultimate training and reference materials.
Research shows that effective training is critical for employee productivity and competency. Often, training focuses on the routine activities an employee is responsible for. However, from time to time, employees need to perform activities they haven’t been trained to do. In both cases a step-by-step how-to guide provides a valuable reference that helps them learn and complete new processes and procedures quickly.
A how-to guide simplifies complex procedures into easy to follow checklists. Self-paced, interactive content equips your team members with the skills to complete any task. Get things done the right way through a comprehensive how-to guide template.
Deliver an effective, engaging experience with Video, Checklists, and Quizzes
For any subject matter, an interactive how-to guide is the best way to make training materials effective, efficient, and clear. Don’t overwhelm your employees with overly complex training materials. Videos are extremely effective for training. They make training clear by demonstrating and discussing what needs to get done. Video can deliver instructions and details more efficiently than text. Producing a professional quality video is not required in most cases. Have a co-worker record video with a mobile phone as you demonstrate how things need to get done.Show the tools, techniques and methods in action. Link to or embed references such as websites, manuals, or other documentation for further elaboration. Use the how-to guide template to make any task easy.
How to get started with this how-to guide template:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process. Add assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, and roles as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
It’s critical that your employees understand how-to properly handle any new work. Typically learning how-to complete a new task demands a lot of energy, time, and resources. When nuances are ignored bigger problems are bound to arise. By implementing a how-to guide , every step is properly documented, explained, and tracked as needed. Trackable checklists and tasks help your employees move through the training process clearly and easily.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Replicable guides and automated workflows both save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and resources while enabling you to execute flawlessly. Track and view progress on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Without a thorough guide, team members are bound to fail to get work done correctly. These errors will drastically increase the chance that you lose a important customer. Avoid these risks with a how-to guide you can rely on.
Use TeamworkIQ’s how-to guide to make the process simple and effective.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
How can you best make a how-to guide?
Here’s some of the best advice from business thought leaders to get you started:
More from TeamworkIQ
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…
- Attach Files to Workflow Processes and ChecklistsTeamworkIQ now makes it easier than ever to attach files to your workflow processes. Automate any workflow where files need to move through a process with one or more people. For example: Attach documents for review and approval workflows. Take and upload photos for inspection and maintenance processes from your phone. Share artwork, Photoshop, Illustrator,…
- Turn Email into Action: How to Assign Tasks Directly from EmailHow many times a week do you send an email asking people to get something done? Typing up tasks in an email message is quick and easy. However, keeping track of progress on those requests instantly becomes a chore. Here’s why and what to do about it… ——– Email was not built to handle tasks.…