vacation or leave request
Businesses that use a standardized vacation request workflow are better able to manage time off requests and their impact on employee and team schedules, while avoiding the potential errors and complications of a non-systematic method.
Top 3 reasons you need a vacation, leave, and paid-time-off (PTO) request workflow
For employees to feel content and engaged at work, research shows that it is crucial they take time off. By taking some time away from the workplace, employees can reduce the stress that comes with any career and return reinvigorated and focused. Similarly, employees may need to take time off work to address other issues, such as family concerns or to overcome any health problems. For managers, however, it is essential that the needs of the business are thought of when it comes to time off, ensuring that it is not affected in any drastic way as a result.
Timing and your vacation request checklist
If vacation, PTO, and leave scheduling are misaligned and the workplace is left without the necessary personnel or skills to function efficiently, the business will suffer drastically. Problems for businesses, such as unexpected conflicts, wasted resources or misallocation of responsibilities, can be avoided through the implementation of a thorough vacation, PTO and leave request management process. By including a comprehensive workflow for vacation, leave and time off requests, you can ensure that any and all issues are avoided..
Automated processes for long term solutions
Without a concise and well thought out workflow for time off, vacation and leave requests, there may be oversights in important areas. In the short term, these errors can mean an understaffed workplace but this can eventually lead to long term issues, such as fatigued employees and higher rates of attrition. When a structured workflow that coordinates the request and approval process is followed by employees, managers, and HR staff, requests for time off are streamlined and made more reliable.
How to document and automate your leave and vacation request checklist workflow:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process in accordance with your requirements. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments to meet your requirements. Share your documented process online with business managers or distribute printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally vacation requests require people from several departments. Employees make the request. To ensure that the business does not in any way suffer, managers must make a range of considerations when following a leave or vacation request checklist, from project needs to the availability of alternate resources. HR and payroll teams will also need to know if the employee will be taking time off. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps team members move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
The slow speed, extra effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems can be alleviated through TeamworkIQ’s integration across systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and money while running ultra-efficiently. View live processes on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports at your convenience and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for compliance and record-keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Ensure that each important aspect of your time off, leave, and vacation request checklist process is done correctly and on time. When steps in the workflow get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s risk of encountering temporary understaffing during important periods increases significantly.
Put this vacation and leave request workflow template to work today
Use TeamworkIQ to assure that each request for time off is handled smoothly and effectively for everyone involved. Use this standard process to be assured that your approval procedure includes a plan for how work will continue to get done by other team members during the time off.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for managing vacation, PTO, and leave requests?
These HR expert sources offer great tips and advice for your vacation, paid time off, and leave request process:
More Templates for hr
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Turn Email into Action: How to Assign Tasks Directly from EmailHow many times a week do you send an email asking people to get something done? Typing up tasks in an email message is quick and easy. However, keeping track of progress on those requests instantly becomes a chore. Here’s why and what to do about it… ——– Email was not built to handle tasks.…
- Collaborative Checklists So Smart They Automate WorkflowsAutomate Workflows, Save Time, and Reduce Errors with Smart Checklists A year ago we released TeamworkIQ. Since then business teams in real estate, property management, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, retail, human resources, accounting, finance, and technology have discovered how to streamline operations, save time, and reduce costly errors with TeamworkIQ. Now as we kickoff 2019 we…
- The Rise of the Smart AppPowered by advancements in artificial intelligence, the software and apps we use are rapidly improving the way we work. Here are several examples of how this software helps drive better business workflows and results with far less time and effort. ———- The software and apps we use are getting smarter everyday. Advancements in machine learning…