vacation or leave request
Businesses that use a systematized vacation request process significantly increase the speed and reliability of making changes to employee and team schedules, while avoiding the potential issues and oversights of a non-structured process.
Top 3 reasons you need a vacation, leave, and paid-time-off (PTO) request process
For employees to feel content and engaged at work, research shows that it is crucial they take time off. When employees take time off, the day-to-day stresses that can begin to wear down anyone in the workplace are eased, allowing them to return refreshed and focused. Similarly, employees may need to take time off work to address other issues, such as family concerns or to overcome any health problems. For managers, however, it is essential that the needs of the business are thought of when it comes to time off, ensuring that it is not affected in any drastic way as a result.
Timing and your vacation request checklist
If vacation, PTO, and leave scheduling are misaligned and the workplace is left without the necessary personnel or skills to function efficiently, the business will suffer drastically. Effective management of employee vacation, PTO and leave requests helps to avoid unexpected conflicts, wasted resources, and misallocation of responsibilities. Navigate these issues by using a standardized and comprehensive vacation, leave, and time off request process..
Automated processes for long term solutions
Without a clear time off, vacation and leave request process important considerations might get overlooked . Such errors might lead to understaffing in the short term or burnt out team members and higher attrition rates in the long term. When employees, managers, and HR staff follow a structured process that coordinates the request and approval process, requests for time-off not only become simpler to manage, they become more reliable.
How to document and automate your leave and vacation request checklist process:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process in accordance with your business’s specific needs. Add assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, and roles to meet your requirements. This documented process can be shared online with business managers or, if preferred, PDF or printed copies can be distributed.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Typically vacation requests involve employees from several departments. Employees make the request. When following a leave or vacation request checklist, managers need to make multiple considerations for timing, project needs, and the availability of alternate resources during the time off. HR and payroll teams will also need to know if the employee will be taking time off. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Through integrating this process with other systems, the effort, slow speed, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually can be bypassed. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your team, and the business time and money while running ultra-efficiently. View live processes on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record-keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure that every crucial part of your time off, leave, and vacation request checklist is done efficiently and, importantly, on time. When steps in the process get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s risk of encountering temporary understaffing during important periods increases significantly.
Put this vacation and leave request process template to work today
Use TeamworkIQ to assure that each request for time off is handled smoothly and efficiently for everyone involved. Use this standard process to be certain that every approval for time off includes a plan for how work will continue to get done by other team members during the time off.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for managing vacation, PTO, and leave requests?
These HR expert sources offer great tips and advice for your vacation, paid time off, and leave request process:
More Templates for hr
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Getting started with TeamworkIQWhat is the easiest way to create automated workflows, repeatable processes, or standard procedures? Document your workflows in TeamworkIQ. When you do TeamworkIQ’s smarts instantly turns them into automated, ready-to-use processes. Learn more about Workflow Automation and Process Management Repeatable processes and workflows enable businesses to efficiently scale operations, eliminate costly errors, and thus increase…
- The Rise of the Smart AppPowered by advancements in artificial intelligence, the software and apps we use are rapidly improving the way we work. Here are several examples of how this software helps drive better business workflows and results with far less time and effort. ———- The software and apps we use are getting smarter everyday. Advancements in machine learning…
- Steve Jobs’ “DRI”: How To Get Better Results EverydayOne thing that became very clear over the course of the Apple revolution from the late 1990s on upward was that the company had a very different culture than anywhere else, shaped and built around Steve Jobs’ personality and vision. One of the most powerful, yet simple tools Jobs used to create Apple’s culture of…