vacation or leave request
Businesses that use a streamlined vacation request significantly increase the speed and reliability of making changes to employee and team schedules, while avoiding the potential issues and oversights of a non-standardized approach.
Top 3 reasons you need a PTO, paid-time-off, vacation and leave request
Research shows that employees who take time off tend to avoid burnout and have deeper engagement. Time off helps employees avoid emotional exhaustion and return to the workplace more focused, motivated, and productive. Similarly, employees may need to take time off work to address other issues, such as family concerns or to overcome any health problems. For managers, however, it is essential that the needs of the business are thought of when it comes to time off, ensuring that it is not affected in any drastic way as a result.
Timing and your vacation request checklist
Misalignment of vacation, PTO, and leave scheduling can result in periods where business teams are not properly staffed with the personnel or skills to get work done. Problems for businesses, such as unexpected conflicts, wasted resources or misallocation of responsibilities, can be avoided through the implementation of a thorough vacation, PTO and leave request management process. By utilising a standardized and comprehensive for your business’s vacation, leave and time off requests, these issues can be effectively navigated..
Automated processes for long term solutions
Without a concise and well thought out for time off, vacation and leave requests, there may be oversights in important areas. In the short term, these errors can mean an understaffed workplace but this can eventually lead to long term issues, such as fatigued employees and higher rates of attrition. A structured that coordinates the request and approval process is able to streamline requests for time off whilst also making the whole procedure more reliable when implemented by employees, managers and HR staff effectively.
How to document and automate your leave and vacation request checklist :
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the vacation request checklist. Tailor the outlined process with your business’s needs in mind. Add images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, and videos to meet your needs. This documented process can be shared online with business managers or, if preferred, PDF or printed copies can be distributed.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally vacation requests require workers from various business teams. Employees make the request. When following a leave or vacation request checklist, managers need to make multiple considerations for timing, project needs, and the availability of alternate resources during the time off. HR and payroll teams will also need to know if the employee will be taking time off. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
The slow speed, extra effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems can be alleviated through TeamworkIQ’s integration across systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save yourself, your employees, and your whole business time and money while running ultra-efficiently. View live processes on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record-keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Ensure that each important aspect of your time off, leave, and vacation request checklist process is done correctly and on time. When steps in the get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s risk of encountering temporary understaffing during important periods increases significantly.
Put this vacation and leave request template to work today
Use TeamworkIQ to assure that each request for time off is handled thoroughly and efficiently for everyone involved. Use this standard process to be assured that your approval procedure includes a plan for how work will continue to get done by other team members during the time off.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for managing vacation, PTO, and leave requests?
These HR expert sources offer great tips and advice for your vacation, paid time off, and leave request process:
More Templates for hr
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Productivity Per Hour: Your Team’s Working Day (and How it can Improve)It’s no secret that the more productive your workers are, the more successful your business will be. We look at recent studies of when and why productivity slumps and what can be done to improve it. We all want our teams to maximise their productivity during a working day. A study by Stanford University students…
- Collaborative Checklists So Smart They Automate WorkflowsAutomate Workflows, Save Time, and Reduce Errors with Smart Checklists A year ago we released TeamworkIQ. Since then business teams in real estate, property management, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, retail, human resources, accounting, finance, and technology have discovered how to streamline operations, save time, and reduce costly errors with TeamworkIQ. Now as we kickoff 2019 we…
- Keeping Remote Workers Productive in Real-TimeWhen it comes to managing a remote team, without transparency and clear accountability, productivity falls sharply. New real-time apps and software tools for teams can help. We are in a day and age where it’s possible to work with team members, contractors and vendors regardless of where they are in the world. Our own highly…