Businesses that use a systematized employee termination workflow see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination workflow to make sure things get Done Right
Make sure employee termination is done correctly with this intuitive employee termination workflow template.
Documenting and following a well-crafted employee termination workflow is crucial for any occasion where you have to fire someone or when a team member has to stop working. Guarantee that the termination process is straightforward by having a workflow in place.
If you do not have an employee termination workflow then vital steps might be overlooked and may mean facing a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When those involved follow a step-by-step workflow, whilst being sure to thoroughly show and document the reasons that led to termination with the employee, your risks are reduced significantly.
The features of this employee termination workflow template are based on general practices in the United States. However, each state, city, or region within the United States may have different or additional regulations that are important to follow. Get a head start with this template, but consider to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the specifics of this template for your business. Add required or optional sections to your customized employee termination workflow for any regions with different procedural requirements.
Your employee termination workflow can also contain constructive steps to assist employees in their workplace transition. providing outgoing employees an opportunity to have their concerns voiced, offering referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can provide welcome support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination workflow:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the employee termination template. Tailor the outlined process to your needs. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments to meet your needs. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Typically employee termination requires employees from numerous roles. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps team members move through the process clearly and easily. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with 1000’s of other apps or software used by your organization.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and the business time and money while operating seamlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s legal risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s workflow templates to assure that each employee termination is comprehensive and efficient for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…
- Email, But SmarterDespite all the ways email can make us unproductive, it isn’t going away. What options do we have to make the most of our email inboxes? Can smart apps and augmented productivity turn this fundamental fixture to our daily business practices into a high productivity tool? — Accepting What Email Isn’t We’ve talked before about…
- The Rise of the Smart AppPowered by advancements in artificial intelligence, the software and apps we use are rapidly improving the way we work. Here are several examples of how this software helps drive better business workflows and results with far less time and effort. ———- The software and apps we use are getting smarter everyday. Advancements in machine learning…