Businesses that use a systematized employee termination workflow see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination workflow to make sure things get Done Right
Make sure employee termination is done correctly with this intuitive employee termination workflow template.
Documenting and following a well-crafted employee termination workflow is crucial for any occasion where you have to fire someone or when a team member has to stop working. Guarantee that the termination process is straightforward by having a workflow in place.
If you do not have an employee termination workflow then vital steps might be overlooked and may mean facing a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When those involved follow a step-by-step workflow, whilst being sure to thoroughly show and document the reasons that led to termination with the employee, your risks are reduced significantly.
The features of this employee termination workflow template are based on general practices in the United States. However, each state, city, or region within the United States may have different or additional regulations that are important to follow. Get a head start with this template, but consider to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the specifics of this template for your business. Add required or optional sections to your customized employee termination workflow for any regions with different procedural requirements.
Your employee termination workflow can also contain constructive steps to assist employees in their workplace transition. providing outgoing employees an opportunity to have their concerns voiced, offering referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can provide welcome support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination workflow:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the employee termination template. Tailor the outlined process to your needs. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments to meet your needs. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Typically employee termination requires employees from numerous roles. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps team members move through the process clearly and easily. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with 1000’s of other apps or software used by your organization.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and the business time and money while operating seamlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s legal risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s workflow templates to assure that each employee termination is comprehensive and efficient for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Smarter Team Management: Rewarding Results not BusynessWhat steps can be done to break away from negative mentalities in the workplace and allow you to manage teams in the way that yields the best results? — Overworking and Busy-Bragging There are two rather counterproductive workplace cultures on the rise within businesses across America: overworking and “busy-bragging”. New research shows both have a…
- What is Workflow Software?How to streamline operations, accelerate business growth, and boost profits using workflow software. In this article, you will learn: The definition of workflow software and workflow management software The primary benefits of workflow software The different types of workflow management software How to identify the right workflow software for your business Why workflow software is…
- Collaborative Checklists So Smart They Automate WorkflowsAutomate Workflows, Save Time, and Reduce Errors with Smart Checklists A year ago we released TeamworkIQ. Since then business teams in real estate, property management, manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, retail, human resources, accounting, finance, and technology have discovered how to streamline operations, save time, and reduce costly errors with TeamworkIQ. Now as we kickoff 2019 we…