Businesses that use a streamlined employee termination SOP see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination SOP to make sure things get Done Right
Be certain that employee termination gets done properly with this easy to follow employee termination SOP template.
Documenting and following a thorough employee termination SOP is vital for any time you may have to fire someone or when a team member has to quit. Make sure that the termination process is not difficult by having an SOP in place.
Without an employee termination SOP then important steps might be overlooked and could lead to higher exposure to the risk of a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When you and other employees follow a step-by-step SOP, whilst properly documenting and sharing the factors that led to termination with the employee, your risks are lessened considerably.
The details of this employee termination SOP template are based on general practices in the United States. However, various states, cities, or regions within the United States may have their own unique regulations that it is vital to be aware of. Ensure that you are ahead of the curve with this template, but consider to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the specifics of this template to meet your business needs. Add sections that are obligatory or skippable to your customized version of this employee termination SOP for any region with its own procedural requirements.
Your employee termination SOP may also include constructive steps to help existing employees transition. providing outgoing employees a chance to be heard, offering referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can all be positive forms of support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination SOP:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Tailor the outlined process to your needs. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally employee termination involves people from several departments. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and the business time and money while operating seamlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s exposure to lawsuit risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s SOP templates to assure that each employee termination is smooth and effective for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- The Practicalities of ProductivityRichard Whittall’s article on the practicalities and impracticalities of email usage makes an interesting observation: “People don’t love digital technology because it makes them more productive, they love it because it makes them feel like they’re more productive.” In essence, the feeling that your productivity is high because you are so busy is probably an…
- Attach Files to Workflow Processes and ChecklistsTeamworkIQ now makes it easier than ever to attach files to your workflow processes. Automate any workflow where files need to move through a process with one or more people. For example: Attach documents for review and approval workflows. Take and upload photos for inspection and maintenance processes from your phone. Share artwork, Photoshop, Illustrator,…
- 3 Steps to Unlock CollaborationAny business, large or small, requires collaboration. At its most fundamental level, collaboration occurs when team members are working together on a singular project that requires multiple people. The reason multiple parties are required is either to manage the sheer volume of the work, or to manage the parts of a project for which they…