Businesses that use a streamlined employee termination SOP see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination SOP to make sure things get Done Right
Be certain that employee termination gets done properly with this easy to follow employee termination SOP template.
Documenting and following a thorough employee termination SOP is vital for any time you may have to fire someone or when a team member has to quit. Make sure that the termination process is not difficult by having an SOP in place.
Without an employee termination SOP then important steps might be overlooked and could lead to higher exposure to the risk of a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When you and other employees follow a step-by-step SOP, whilst properly documenting and sharing the factors that led to termination with the employee, your risks are lessened considerably.
The details of this employee termination SOP template are based on general practices in the United States. However, various states, cities, or regions within the United States may have their own unique regulations that it is vital to be aware of. Ensure that you are ahead of the curve with this template, but consider to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the specifics of this template to meet your business needs. Add sections that are obligatory or skippable to your customized version of this employee termination SOP for any region with its own procedural requirements.
Your employee termination SOP may also include constructive steps to help existing employees transition. providing outgoing employees a chance to be heard, offering referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can all be positive forms of support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination SOP:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Tailor the outlined process to your needs. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally employee termination involves people from several departments. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and the business time and money while operating seamlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s exposure to lawsuit risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s SOP templates to assure that each employee termination is smooth and effective for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- How Clearer Commitments Build Employee TrustA 2017 global survey of professionals by EY (Ernst & Young Global at ey.com) indicated that more than half of employees lack a great deal of trust in their employers. Among 9,800 full-time employees across the world, only 46% trusted their employers, with bosses and team colleagues slightly higher at 49%. Where to find that report?…
- What is Workflow Software?How to streamline operations, accelerate business growth, and boost profits using workflow software. In this article, you will learn: The definition of workflow software and workflow management software The primary benefits of workflow software The different types of workflow management software How to identify the right workflow software for your business Why workflow software is…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…