Businesses that use a streamlined employee termination process see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination process to make sure things get Done Right
Be certain that employee termination is done correctly with this simple to use employee termination process template.
Documenting and following a thorough employee termination process is essential every time you need to fire an employee or when a team member has to stop working. Make sure that the termination process is straightforward by having a process in place.
If there is not an employee termination process then important steps might get missed and could mean an increased risk of a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When those involved follow a step-by-step process, whilst being sure to thoroughly show and document the reasons that led to termination with the employee, your risks become significantly reduced.
The features of this employee termination process template are based on general practices in the United States. However, different states, cities, or regions within the United States may have their own different regulations that it is vital to be aware of. Ensure that you are ahead of the curve with this template, but make sure to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the specifics of this template for your business. Add sections that are obligatory or skippable to your customized version of this employee termination process for any region with its own procedural requirements.
Your employee termination process may also include constructive steps to assist employees in their workplace transition. providing outgoing employees a chance to have their concerns voiced, suggesting referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can all be forms of positive goodwill during a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination process:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the employee termination template. Tailor the outlined process. Add forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, and tasks as needed. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Usually, employee termination requires people from numerous roles. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps team members move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange events and data with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, teams, and business time and money while executing flawlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Monitor the details. Get reports at your convenience and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s exposure to lawsuit risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s process templates to assure that each employee termination is comprehensive and effective for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Introducing Workflow FormsHow can TeamworkIQ’s Workflow Forms benefit my business? Business operations, processes, and workflows are at their best when every member of the team has access to the right information at the right time. TeamworkIQ’s new Workflow and Task Forms make it easy for your team to efficiently collect and provide timely, actionable information to make…
- 4 Tips for the Ultimate Employee Onboarding ProcessThere are many aspects to employee onboarding. But at the highest level, there are four keys to success according to Rick Lespinger who brings 25-years of success as a human resources consultant and executive to OnPoint Consulting. Here’s a summary of his article on the topic and how TeamworkIQ can help streamline the onboarding process:…
- Why is Teamwork critical for Process Management?Business process consultant Ian James (@fixesprocess) provides lots of great advice on his website, theprocessconsultant.com. I recently discovered Ian’s article “Teamwork and Process Management” in which Ian advises employing 6 key concepts to improve teamwork and process management for your business: + Establish clear goals + Obtain necessary skills + Obtain necessary resources + Communicate and establish…