Businesses that use a streamlined employee termination procedure see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination procedure to make sure things get Done Right
Be certain that employee termination is done correctly with this easy to follow employee termination procedure template.
Documenting and following a well-crafted employee termination procedure is crucial for any occasion where you need to fire an employee or when a team member stops working. Guarantee that the termination process goes smoothly by having a procedure in place.
If you do not have an employee termination procedure then critical steps might get overlooked and could lead to higher exposure to the risk of a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When those involved follow a step-by-step procedure, whilst properly documenting and sharing the reasons that led to termination with the employee, your risks are lessened considerably.
The specifics of this employee termination procedure template are in relation to the general practices found within the United States. However, each state, city, or region within the United States may have their own unique regulations that it is vital to be aware of. Ensure that you are ahead of the curve with this template, but consider to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to tailor the various features of this template to your business requirements. Add sections that are obligatory or skippable to your customized version of this employee termination procedure for any region with its own procedural requirements.
Your employee termination procedure can also include constructive steps to help existing employees transition. Giving outgoing employees an opportunity to be heard, suggesting referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can provide welcome support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination procedure:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the employee termination template. Customize the outlined process. Add details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, and images as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Usually, employee termination involves people from several roles. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps team members move through the process clearly and easily. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and your whole business time and money while running ultra-efficiently. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports when you want them and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s legal risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s procedure templates to assure that each employee termination is comprehensive and effective for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Be Productive. Not Busy.Teams that spend their time focused on a few objectives are more productive than teams who are managed with the goal of staying busy. How can you can help your team to work smarter, remove impediments, and accomplish more? __________ In The Cost of Interrupted Work: More Speed and Stress, researchers at the University of…
- What is Workflow Software?How to streamline operations, accelerate business growth, and boost profits using workflow software. In this article, you will learn: The definition of workflow software and workflow management software The primary benefits of workflow software The different types of workflow management software How to identify the right workflow software for your business Why workflow software is…
- Process Standardization: How To Streamline Business Operations and Boost ProfitsWhy do you need process standardization? Businesses who embrace repeatable, systematic processes tend to be more efficient, more scalable, and more profitable. Without efficient systems and well understood standard operating procedures, business teams are left to figure out how to get things done on their own. Accordingly teams must spend extra time figuring out how…