Businesses that use a streamlined employee termination checklist see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination checklist to make sure things get Done Right
Ensure that employee termination is done properly with this easy to follow employee termination checklist template.
Documenting and following a comprehensive employee termination checklist is essential every time you may have to fire someone or when a team member has to stop working. Guarantee that the termination process is not difficult by having a checklist in place.
If there is not an employee termination checklist then critical steps might get overlooked and may mean facing a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When you and other employees follow a step-by-step checklist, whilst being sure to thoroughly show and document the factors that led to termination with the employee, your risks are reduced significantly.
The features of this employee termination checklist template are in relation to the United States’ general practices. However, various states, cities, or regions within the United States may have their own different regulations that are important to follow. Get a head start with this template, but be sure to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to adapt the details of this template to your business requirements. Add sections that are obligatory or skippable to your customized employee termination checklist for any regions with different procedural requirements.
Your employee termination checklist can also include constructive steps to assist employees in their workplace transition. Giving outgoing employees an opportunity to voice their opinions, providing referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can provide welcome support during a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination checklist:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process. Add tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, and timelines to meet your needs. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Typically employee termination involves people from numerous departments. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process clearly and easily. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or software used by your organization.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, teams, and business time and money while executing flawlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s legal risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s checklist templates to assure that each employee termination is smooth and effective for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- The Key To Effective Management: DelegationAre you delegating work efficiently? Are your managers? What are the factors that lead to poor delegation habits and what can be done to more effectively empower others to get things done, boost team productivity and free up your time for higher value uses? ———- Delegation Hesitation Kills Productivity An astounding 46% of companies fail to…
- Quickly assign tasks and track them to completionQuick Add a Task TeamworkIQ is the easiest way to automate repeatable processes, workflows, and checklists. But sometimes you simply need to create, assign, and track one or more tasks. That’s why we have added Quick Add a Task to TeamworkIQ. Quickly create a new task for yourself or assign it to someone else. Here’s…
- Getting started with TeamworkIQWhat is the easiest way to create automated workflows, repeatable processes, or standard procedures? Document your workflows in TeamworkIQ. When you do TeamworkIQ’s smarts instantly turns them into automated, ready-to-use processes. Learn more about Workflow Automation and Process Management Repeatable processes and workflows enable businesses to efficiently scale operations, eliminate costly errors, and thus increase…