Businesses that use a systematized employee termination see significant improvements in how their employee offboarding is managed.
Use This employee termination to make sure things get Done Right
Ensure that employee termination gets done properly with this simple to use employee termination template.
Documenting and following a well-crafted employee termination is essential every time you may have to fire an employee or when a team member stops working. Guarantee that the termination process is straightforward by having an in place.
If you do not have an employee termination then important steps might be overlooked and could mean an increased risk of a lawsuit from the employee or non-compliance penalties from regulators. When you and other employees follow a step-by-step, clearly documenting and sharing the reasons that led to termination with the employee, your risks are lessened considerably.
The details of this employee termination template are in relation to the United States’ general practices. However, various states, cities, or regions within the United States may have different or additional regulations that it is crucial to follow. Ensure that you have a head start with this template, but remember to consult a Human Resources expert or other advisors to customize the various features of this template to your business requirements. Add sections that can be skipped or require completion into your customized version of this employee termination for each region where different procedures are required.
Your employee termination can also include constructive steps to assist employees in their workplace transition. providing outgoing employees an opportunity to be heard, offering referrals for job hunting resources, unemployment insurance, and other gestures can provide welcome support throughout a transitional time.
How to document and automate your employee termination :
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Customize the outlined process to your needs. Add tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, and timelines to meet your needs. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally employee termination involves people from several departments. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error-prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with 1000’s of other apps or other business systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and your whole business time and money while running ultra-efficiently. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When employee termination steps get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s legal risks becomes significantly higher.
Use TeamworkIQ’s templates to assure that each employee termination is smooth and efficient for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new employee onboarding experience?
Get the best tips and advice for new employee onboarding from leading HR experts:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- What is Workflow Software?How to streamline operations, accelerate business growth, and boost profits using workflow software. In this article, you will learn: The definition of workflow software and workflow management software The primary benefits of workflow software The different types of workflow management software How to identify the right workflow software for your business Why workflow software is…
- Protect Against “Micro Procrastination”Everyone is feeling busy, but the important things are not getting done. Why? More of your team’s workday is being eaten up by distractions than ever before. We look at the major causes and ask: Can the right software protect your team against “micro procrastination”? ———- Busyness and Distraction According to many experts, two major…
- Due Dates, My Assignments, and More Added to TeamworkIQWe’re excited to announce a whole bunch of new features for you in TeamworkIQ. Due Dates tops the list. You can now easily add due dates for tasks, project or process milestones, and entire checklists. Also check out the four new views: My Assignments, In Progress, Drafts and Done. Due Dates The new Due Dates…