Candidate Tracking SOP
A candidate tracking SOP systematizes each step of the recruiting, interviewing, and job offer process. Customize this template to your needs, then track candidates and guide team members through the entire process.
Why is having a candidate tracking SOP important?
It takes lots of time and effort to recruit great people to your business. And as soon as a potential candidate is identified, is it crucial to sustain a high pace of engagement. The top candidates do not remain available for long. A less than professional experience during the recruiting process can turn away quality candidates. A candidate tracking SOP makes sure you provide a well-planned experience.
What is a candidate tracking SOP?
Implement this simple and effective candidate tracking SOP to screen potential candidates for your business. Doing so will mean you can waste less of your time having to interview, delegate scheduling, and reference checking tasks. Using our SOP also allows you to easily track progress so that you can know what is happening throughout the process.
Research shows that the best candidates are attracted to businesses that include a comprehensive and thoughtful candidate engagement SOP. Processes that are harder to follow are known to deter highly qualified candidates. By planning and streamlining your recruitment process, your business can get considerably more as a result of your efforts.
There are many areas involved in recruitment within a business. The Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Coworkers, and others all have important roles. But, without a structured candidate recruiting SOP, confusion and delays can occur. Instead, plan, organize, and track how your business screens, interviews, and entices candidates. It is useful to break the process down into steps and delegate each area to the correct person. Use this candidate tracking process template to automate the process and track progress. Make sure things get done right and on schedule to attract the best employees.
How to document and automate your candidate tracking SOP:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the candidate tracking template. Customize the outlined process with your business’s requirements. Add videos, images, details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, and forms to meet your requirements. This documented process can be shared online with business managers or, if preferred, PDF or printed copies can be distributed.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
When it comes to candidate tracking, individuals from several departments will usually be involved. Recruiters and hiring managers juggle schedules to conduct multiple phone and on-site interviews. HR gathers and contacts references. Automated coordination of workflows and tasks means that everyone can move through the process with cohesion and clarity. To start a new candidate tracking workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Moving data between systems can lead to many errors, whilst also requiring significant amounts of time and energy that could be used best elsewhere. Utilising TeamworkIQ’s integration points allows your business to exchange data and events with countless other apps or software used within your organization.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
By signing up with TeamworkIQ, your entire office can save significant amounts of time and money by automating processes that are usually done manually. View live processes on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports when you want them and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When steps in the candidate tracking SOP steps get forgotten, done incorrectly, done late or missed the company’s risk of losing valuable candidates during the hiring process increases significantly.
What are the best practices for managing candidate tracking?
There are a number of expert-approved tips and advice to improve the management of your candidate tracking process:
Simplify the application
One of the first areas in which many businesses stumble is a convoluted application that candidates simply don’t complete. If your application is too difficult to understand or even too long in duration, your business leaves itself open to heightened application abandonment rates. By implementing candidate tracking software, your business can gain an insight into the weakness of your application process by identifying where applicants are consistently abandoning the application.
Review source data
Businesses can obtain an extensive view of where the best candidates are coming from along with the average cost per hire when source data is stored and reviewed coherently across the different departments. This will mean less time wasted on costly and unrewarding sources and redistributing any budgeting for candidate sourcing more effectively.
Ease of communication
Communication can make or break the candidate tracking process. When communication with candidates is slow and incoherent, your business’s professionalism suffers as a consequence. By opting for an automated system that allows for standardized and intelligent automatic responses, communication logs that can be easily reviewed and integration across software, your business can minimise the risk of error that comes with wholly-manual communication with candidates.
Use our SOP template today
By implementing TeamworkIQ’s SOP templates, your business can rest assured that candidate tracking will be done with consistency and clarity. With TeamworkIQ, procedures that can often be difficult and time-consuming, become innovatively automated and efficient. To begin organizing and refreshing your business’s candidate tracking procedures, sign up to TeamworkIQ today.
Use TeamworkIQ’s candidate tracking SOP template to assure that your candidate tracking is handled comprehensively and efficiently for everyone involved.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for managing candidate tracking?
These HR expert sources offer great tips and advice for your candidate tracking process:
More Templates for HR
Other Names for This Template
More from TeamworkIQ
- Accomplish More. How Teams Can Work Smarter.Jeff Haden of Inc. Magazine (@inc) outlines 9 practices that help make teams successful. TeamworkIQ enables teams to execute in keeping with Haden’s key points. — According to Inc. Magazine’s Jeff Haden (@jeff_haden), there are nine practices that help successful people accomplish more. A number of these practices shouldn’t be too surprising – “believe in…
- Attach Files to Workflow Processes and ChecklistsTeamworkIQ now makes it easier than ever to attach files to your workflow processes. Automate any workflow where files need to move through a process with one or more people. For example: Attach documents for review and approval workflows. Take and upload photos for inspection and maintenance processes from your phone. Share artwork, Photoshop, Illustrator,…
- 3 Steps to Unlock CollaborationAny business, large or small, requires collaboration. At its most fundamental level, collaboration occurs when team members are working together on a singular project that requires multiple people. The reason multiple parties are required is either to manage the sheer volume of the work, or to manage the parts of a project for which they…