Client Onboarding workflow
Create an excellent client onboarding experience.
Why is new client onboarding workflow so essential?
Who should be included in a new client onboarding process?
Many people are involved. Usually an Account Manager inherits the relationship from Sales. However, a Project Manager may also need to be involved to coordinate the work that needs to get done early in the relationship. Administrative tasks also need to get done. IT needs to give the customers access to systems and Accounting needs to add customer records and details to financial systems. Signatures on additional disclosures and notifications may be needed to comply with regulations.
What can go wrong if new client onboarding is not done well?
If onboarding is not done right, the customer’s initial experience can feel clumsy, unclear, or unprofessional and that can undermine client trust. Important regulatory steps might get skipped and create future liabilities for the business. Without a strong approach to your client onboarding workflow, problems like these are far more likely. Even experts who have done the process many times may overlook key tasks due to today’s busy, distraction-filled work environments. Avoid these issues. Don’t let a poor first impression take the momentum out of a new customer relationship.
What should be included in your client onboarding workflow?
Beyond setting up your customer in the necessary accounting and IT systems, also make sure your client onboarding workflow gathers client goals, time tables, budgets, strategies, targets, and other information. Use the onboarding process opportunity to get to know your client. Schedule meetings to discuss key topics with your customer. Stay focused on their needs. Use a structured process to keep your team focused on priorities and great execution. Exceed your clients’ expectations. Build the foundations of new customer relationships with your new client onboarding workflow.
How to document and automate your new client onboarding workflow:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the new client onboarding template. Tailor the outlined process to your needs. Add relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, roles, and assignments to meet your needs. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally client onboarding requires people from several departments. Sales acquires the client and inputs their data. Account managers organize meetings and projects. Entire teams may be involved in those meetings and projects. Processes like this require the coordination of many people. Automated workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the entire process clearly and easily. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other software packages, apps, and online applications.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, teams, and your whole business time and money while executing flawlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Drill down into the details. Get reports when you want them and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for compliance and record keeping.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When steps in the client onboarding workflow get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s risk of losing a valuable client increases significantly. To avoid these risks make your onboarding process systematic, reliable, and effective.
Use TeamworkIQ’s client onboarding workflow template to assure that your first impression is a lasting one that leads to continued business, ongoing revenues, and enthusiastic referrals to new clients.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new client onboarding?
Here’s the best advice for new client onboarding from business management experts:
- 7 Strategies to Revamp Your Customer Onboarding – Entrepreneur
- Client Onboarding Presents a Critical First Impression – Investment News
- Stop Trying to Delight Your Customers – Harvard Business Review
- How to Use Customer Service to Drive Small Business Loyalty – The Balance
- 6 Effective Onboarding Tips for New SEO Customers – Search Engine Journal
More from TeamworkIQ
- Quickly assign tasks and track them to completionQuick Add a Task TeamworkIQ is the easiest way to automate repeatable processes, workflows, and checklists. But sometimes you simply need to create, assign, and track one or more tasks. That’s why we have added Quick Add a Task to TeamworkIQ. Quickly create a new task for yourself or assign it to someone else. Here’s…
- Email, But SmarterDespite all the ways email can make us unproductive, it isn’t going away. What options do we have to make the most of our email inboxes? Can smart apps and augmented productivity turn this fundamental fixture to our daily business practices into a high productivity tool? — Accepting What Email Isn’t We’ve talked before about…
- Smarter Team Management: Rewarding Results not BusynessWhat steps can be done to break away from negative mentalities in the workplace and allow you to manage teams in the way that yields the best results? — Overworking and Busy-Bragging There are two rather counterproductive workplace cultures on the rise within businesses across America: overworking and “busy-bragging”. New research shows both have a…