Client Onboarding form
Give all your new client relationships a strong start.
Why is new client onboarding form important to get right?
Breeze through onboarding with an interactive client onboarding form. Tailor the process to your business. Build confidence and momentum with your clients.
Who should be included in a new client onboarding process?
People from many parts of your business need to be involved. Sales needs to engage with the Account Manager to best transition the relationship. Project Management might also playa role, coordinating resources and tasks early in the relationship. Administrative tasks also need to get done. Accounting needs to get customers set up in accounting systems and IT needs to make sure customers have access to relevant systems. Signatures on additional disclosures and notifications may be needed to comply with regulations.
What can go wrong if new client onboarding is not done well?
If onboarding processes are not well coordinated, the clients’ first experience will feel unprofessional, unorganized, and unproductive and that can undermine client trust before it gets off the ground. Important regulatory steps might get skipped and create future liabilities for the business. Unless you have a systematic approach to your client onboarding form, problems like these are far more likely. Even experts who have done the process many times can forget important steps in today’s busy, distraction-filled work environments. Avoid these issues. Don’t let a poor first impression take the momentum out of a new customer relationship.
What should be included in your client onboarding form?
In addition to getting your client set up in your back-office systems and your collaboration platforms, also make sure your client onboarding form captures more details about your client’s goals, objectives, desired timelines, contacts, and locations. Use the onboarding process opportunity to get to know your client. Schedule a time to meet and discuss key topics. Stay focused on their needs. Use a structured process to keep your team focused on priorities and great execution. Exceed your clients’ expectations. Build the foundations of new customer relationships with your new client onboarding form.
How to document and automate your new client onboarding form:
- Document and Share the Process Get started with the new client onboarding template. Customize the outlined process. Add details, roles, assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, and images as needed. Generate print and PDF copies of your documented process or share it with other managers.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Typically client onboarding involves people from various positions. Sales acquires the client and inputs their data. Account managers organize meetings and projects. Entire teams may be involved in those meetings and projects. Processes like this require the coordination of many people. Automated workflows and tasks helps team members move through the entire process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the slow speed, effort, and error prone nature of transferring information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other software packages, apps, and online applications.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save yourself, teams, and your whole business time and money while executing flawlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports at your convenience and notifications if issues arise. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When steps in the client onboarding form get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s risk of losing a new customer increases significantly. To avoid these risks make your onboarding process systematic, reliable, and effective.
Use TeamworkIQ’s client onboarding form template to assure that your first impression is a lasting one that leads to continued business, ongoing revenues, and enthusiastic referrals to new clients.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What are the best practices for new client onboarding?
Here’s the best advice for new client onboarding from business thought leaders:
- 7 Strategies to Revamp Your Customer Onboarding – Entrepreneur
- Client Onboarding Presents a Critical First Impression – Investment News
- Stop Trying to Delight Your Customers – Harvard Business Review
- How to Use Customer Service to Drive Small Business Loyalty – The Balance
- 6 Effective Onboarding Tips for New SEO Customers – Search Engine Journal
More from TeamworkIQ
- Signal to Noise: Efficient Email ManagementDo you ever have one of those lightbulb moments after someone says something just the right way and you get a whole new perspective on something? That happened at TeamworkIQ HQ while catching up on Bloomberg’s Game Plan podcast-show hybrid. An episode called Learning to Love (or at Least Live With) Email featuring the Duke University…
- Turn Email into Action: How to Assign Tasks Directly from EmailHow many times a week do you send an email asking people to get something done? Typing up tasks in an email message is quick and easy. However, keeping track of progress on those requests instantly becomes a chore. Here’s why and what to do about it… ——– Email was not built to handle tasks.…
- Productivity Per Hour: Your Team’s Working Day (and How it can Improve)It’s no secret that the more productive your workers are, the more successful your business will be. We look at recent studies of when and why productivity slumps and what can be done to improve it. We all want our teams to maximise their productivity during a working day. A study by Stanford University students…