Account Manager Transition procedure
Whenever a relationship with a client needs to transition to a new Account Manager, thorough preparation is essential. Avoid losing a client’s trust and confidence. Be certain that new Account Managers already understand the client’s current needs, goals, and projects. Use this Account Manager transition procedure to make sure processes go well.
Use a detailed Account Manager transition procedure to be sure client trust remains high.
A streamlined account manager transition procedure avoids the stress of difficult account changes. Easily track schedules, progress, and client details.
Many businesses count on the trust Account Managers create with their clients. When account representatives understand client needs and goals, they increase customer loyalty and add opportunities for future revenues. Research shows how strong customer relationships lead to strong, ongoing businesses. Account Managers who understand their clients needs and help identify and solve client problems are better positioned to help grow your business.
Who should be involved in an Account Manager transition procedure?
Yet from time to time, Account Managers must change. People relocate, switch jobs, or seek promotions. Regardless of why, you need to be certain the introduction of a new Account Manager to a client goes well. To do that, the new Account Manager must become deeply knowledgeable about the client–ideally before ever meeting the client. The transition process requires dedicated investments of time and communication to properly complete. Make sure you schedule time for this. Otherwise, if your team rushes through the account transition process, an uninformed Account Manager will cause the client to lose confidence in your business.
What issues arise if there is not a good Account Manager transition procedure?
Don’t lose customers’ confidence with a careless Account Manager transition process. Empower your representatives to engage boldly with a new relationship to a client. An Account Manager transition procedure lets you be sure that all important details about the client, the account, and the projects get passed on. Protect the investment you’ve made establishing client trust and loyalty. Make sure new Account Managers do the same.
How to get started with your account representative transition procedure:
- Document and Share the Process Use the template above to get started. Tailor the outlined process. Add assignments, relative due dates, timelines, tasks, forms, videos, images, details, and roles to meet your needs. Share your documented process online with business managers or share printed or PDF copies.
- Automate Workflow Processes and Checklists
Normally transitioning clients to new account representatives requires communicating many important details about the accounts. Each client has a unique business, with its own goals, history, and challenges.These details are often complex, and when passed down the chain, they may be misunderstood. It’s crucial that the new representative understands the account to effectively handle it. When you use a reliable procedure, everyone involved in the process is informed of what needs to be done for an effective transition. Automated workflows and tasks helps everyone move through the entire process with clarity and ease. To start a new workflow from your documented process, simply click Start.
- Integrate with Other Systems
Eliminate the effort, slow speed, and error prone nature of moving information manually between systems. TeamworkIQ’s integration points let you exchange data and events with the most popular CRM systems and 1000’s of other apps and software systems.
- Achieve Operational Excellence
Save managers, your employees, and your whole business time and money while operating seamlessly. View live processes on dashboards. Analyze the details. Get reports at your convenience and be notified if there’s an issue. Archive everything for record keeping and compliance.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes
Make sure each critical step gets done right and on time. When details and steps during the account transition procedure get done incorrectly, forgotten, done late or missed the company’s odds of losing their trust increases significantly. Avoid these risks with a reliable procedure.
Use TeamworkIQ’s account transition procedure template to ensure that your account representatives are prepared to keep your clients’ confidence.
How Does TeamworkIQ Work? Watch Video
What’s the best way to successfully transition a client to a new account representative?
Here is some of the best advice from customers success experts:
More from TeamworkIQ
- How Best to Manage Work with Your Business PartnersWorking with external businesses such as your vendors, contractors, and suppliers can be a challenge. Disparate corporate cultures, incentives, goals and priorities can be a problem when your team relies upon the employees of a partner company in their processes or projects. Differences in expectations, review and approval processes, documentation, and scheduling can cause friction…
- How Clearer Commitments Build Employee TrustA 2017 global survey of professionals by EY (Ernst & Young Global at ey.com) indicated that more than half of employees lack a great deal of trust in their employers. Among 9,800 full-time employees across the world, only 46% trusted their employers, with bosses and team colleagues slightly higher at 49%. Where to find that report?…
- The Weakening Productivity Rate (and how Technology Can Reduce It)Productivity output is at its lowest point in thirty years. What are the causes of this decline? Can smart technology provide a solution to this weakening productivity rate? ———- Why the Decline? The US Government’s official labor productivity measure for 2011-2015 shows that the average American worker’s work output has dropped to the lowest it…