How We Personalize and Enhance TeamworkIQ for You
Updated October 27, 2020
Your experience with TeamworkIQ is personalized. We tailor the experience of the service based on the personal data you provide to us during your use of the service. We are always looking for ways to make TeamworkIQ better for you. To help plan enhancements to TeamworkIQ’s feature set, in addition to any feedback you provide, we analyze data about when and how frequently people use features of the service.
- Your name and email address are collected when you sign up then used in both the user interface and in communications we send as part of the service.
- To help you become familiar with features of the service, we provide information about how to use various features based in part on which things you use or do not use.
- To help answer questions or solve technical issues, we keep records of our conversations with you and any personal contact information you provide to us.
- So that we can optimize the experience for different regions of the world, we record where on the planet you might be and what language preferences you might have.
- To figure out what future enhancements or new services customers might desire, we analyze how you and others use the service.
- To attempt to best service your needs, we or our partners may contact you to offer our assistance.
Lots More Details about Our Privacy Policies
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, open a support ticket, use the service, enter information on our site, or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, use the service, make a purchase, sign up for communications, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience so that we can deliver content tailored to what aspects of the service you use and which you have not yet used.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To quickly process your transactions
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To enable us or our partners to offer assistance related to your needs and interest in TeamworkIQ
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All financial transactions and financial account numbers are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We integrate with online software from 3rd party services in order to provide the website and optimize the website experience for our users. These include Google, Amazon Web Services, and Intercom, Auth0, as well as various social media sites identified in links in the site by their name or icon.
We use Google AdSense Advertising in our marketing programs and on our website. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use or plan to use the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
We use Facebook Advertising in our marketing programs and on our website so that we can better deliver our message to people who have a higher likelihood of finding value in the services we provide.
To opt out of Facebook targeted advertising programs in general, log in to Facebook and go to Settings > Ads > Ad Settings. On the app, go to Setting & Privacy > Settings > Ad > Ad Preferences > Ad Settings. Then choose the Not Allowed options under each category to stop Facebook from using data from partners and tracking your activity on Facebook and their partner’s sites to target you with ads. In the event these instructions no longer match Facebook’s evolving user interface, get help from Facebook on this topic here: https://www.facebook.com/help/585318558251813
California Online Privacy Protection Act
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents
The types of personal information we have collected in the twelve (12) months prior to the Effective Date and that we may collect include:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, nickname, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device;
- Signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, app or advertisement.
- Geolocation data including but not limited to continent, country, city, physical or mailing address information provided by you, and approximate longitude and latitude of those locations.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
We have disclosed the types of personal information listed in clause 1 above for a business purpose in the twelve (12) months prior to the Effective Date and may disclose such personal information to service providers who support our business provided they do not sell such personal information or retain, use or disclose such information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in our contract with them. We do not Sell (as the term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information we collect, including personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age, and will not sell it without providing a right to opt out. We have not Sold (as the term is defined in the CCPA) any personal information in the twelve (12) months prior to the Effective Date.
You have certain rights, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, with respect to your personal information, including:
- The right to request disclosure of details of personal information collected;
- The right to request disclosure of information Sold (as defined in the CCPA);
- The right to deletion of your personal information;
- The right to “opt out” of any Sale (as defined in the CCPA), if such sale occurs;
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at [email protected] or via mail to our postal address set forth above. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including e-mail address and/or Government identification. We will let you know if we need additional information to verify your identity. Consumers may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
We may also act as a Service Provider (as the term is defined in the CCPA). When we act as a Service Provider, including by providing our services to another company that you interact with, we follow the instructions of the company that engaged us as a service provider and you should directly contact that company if you have any questions or would like more details on how your personal information is processed by that company.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
In order to understand and improve the way customers use our website, we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices should a data breach occur we will notify you via email no later than 7 business days.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list and continue to send emails to users of the website and service after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from our email mailing topics in which you do not want to participate.
102 Riviera Circle
Larkspur, CA 94939
TeamworkIQ is a DBA of Hakman Labs, LLC.